CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Position: Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Employment type: Full-Time
Start date: ASAP
Compensation: Salary & stock options commensurate with experience and qualifications
If you love growing an organization to scale, developing high-performance teams and playing a key role in shaping the future of an exciting startup, then this role is for you.
We are looking for an exceptional and driven individual who can lead scaling our organization to reach 1,000,000+ clients by 2025.
ABOUT RENT TO OWN (RTO)
In rural Africa, millions of small-scale farmers and entrepreneurs want to grow their business, but lack access to the right equipment and financial services to do so.
To unlock their potential and improve the livelihoods of their families and communities, RTO has developed a proven, efficient and scalable asset-financing model for farmers and small business owners in rural Africa. We offer clients a one-stop solution including high quality assets, distribution, training, and financing. The combination of these services results in a profitable model and provides a compelling offering for a large and unserved market.
RTO has a growing staff of 40 people and over $2.5 million in assets disbursed since 2013. We are scaling our model across Zambia and plan to launch operations in multiple new countries in order to achieve our goal of serving 1,000,000+ clients.
To support and drive our ambitious growth plans, RTO is looking for a Chief Financial Officer with financial management experience in emerging markets. The candidate will have experience in building high-performance team as well as a results oriented culture amongst a group of diverse, talented individuals.
As a key member of the leadership team you will provide leadership in all the financial aspects of the business. You will be passionate about building the financial, data and overall company strategy as well as managing daily finance operations.
You will build a finance function that will allow you to lead key decisions on funding, investments, expansion and pricing as well drive the continuous development and quality of our client data to create value for us and our clients.
You will provide leadership in audit, legal and risk management matters as well overseeing IT and are passionate about developing a team of A-player professionals to drive all finance and IT functions in line with our rapid expansion plans.
Together with the CEO you will drive the expansion and shaping of the team, systems and strategy required to scale RTO.
- Oversee all finance functions including accounting, treasury, forecasting and compliance
- Build and grow high-performance and highly collaborative teams that are excited to unlock the potential of rural entrepreneurs
- Participate, support and assume a leadership role in fundraising efforts to fuel our growth, evaluate term sheets, including building relationships with local banks to enable local currency working capital financing
- Further develop and own the company financial model including forecasting, budgeting and long range planning of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Oversee the development of our data systems, and drive the use of data to support the company’s processes and growth, creating value for both the business and our clients
- Ensure systems and processes are in place that provide timely and accurate information for day-to-day management, forecasting and key business decisions
- Design and implement a control framework including an internal audit function that drives legal, tax and statutory compliance as well as financial control
The successful candidate must align with our values, be passionate about unlocking the potential of rural entrepreneurs and have dedication to empowering low-income customers with for-profit tools to create tremendous economic change, social impact, and profits.
We are seeking a candidate who has experience in financial management, is excited about building a finance function in a scaling business and has the energy and drive to build, run and improve teams, systems and processes from scratch.
The successful candidate will be a team builder driving development, growth and performance for each team member through continued mentoring, training and empowerment.
Above all, the successful candidate will have unquestionable integrity, and be able always to do what is in the best interest of the company, its customers, and its shareholders.
- Degree in finance or accounting is required. MBA, CPA, ACCA and similar accreditations are an asset
- Experience in finance leadership roles in a related field in emerging markets
- Demonstrated ability to grow a company beyond startup phase
- A thorough understanding of financial institution performance metrics/indicators and the ability to interpret and process operations data including lease portfolio performance
- Experience raising capital and maintaining investor relationships
- Willing and able to work the detail while minding the big picture and driving the business forward
- Willing to travel if and when required
If this role is for you, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Click to View | RTO on a Page